Did you know that %78 of the USA population use the internet? You have right in front of you a medium you can use to reach people all around the world. So, why don’t you use it? If it’s because you don’t know how, then just keep reading. We’ll start with the basic definition.
Definition of internet marketing
Internet marketing is any method you use to promote products or services online. In simpler words, it means marketing through the internet. So, should you market online?
You should market online for the same reason you market offline – to reach a wide audience. Also, there are many benefits which make the internet preferable over other Medias; such as the marketing expenses.
Do you know how to create an offline marketing campaign without spending any money? While it might be possible, marketing online without the expenses is much easier.
Also, even if you focus on internet marketing methods that will cost you, the expenses still be much lower than with offline media. But is it worth your time?
Most (if not all) of your potential clients are using the internet. So, it will be wise to let them know your business through this Media. Setting an online marketing campaign can sometimes take time, but you can get great results in the end.
The results in the end
You can get even better results than with offline marketing because you can reach a more targeted audience. This means only potential clients will see your ads. Your marketing expenses will be much lower than with offline marketing.
With great results like these, as a business owner, it will be a mistake not to try it. Also, even if you don’t have your own business, it would be wise to consider building an online one. So, if you are convinced, then it’s time to learn about the methods of internet marketing.
Ways to market online
I’m not going to elaborate too much about each option; so make sure you learn more about the types of internet marketing.
1. PPC – Marketing with Google ads (or any other search engine).
2. Article marketing – Write and submit articles with a link to your website.
3. Social marketing – use Facebook, twitter, Google+ and any other social media website
4. Forum marketing – Promote your website through online forums.
5. Email marketing – Send emails to potential clients (with their permission of course – don’t spam!).
6. Affiliate marketing – Let other people promote your business, in exchange for commissions.
7. Link exchange – Find a website with a similar topic as yours, and offer the webmaster to exchange links with you.
8. Video marketing – use YouTube (or any other video distribution site) to promote your business.
Now you know the basics, the benefits, and the types of internet marketing. However, there is still much more to learn. Start by searching comprehensive information about each online marketing method, and from there you’ll know what to do. This ends the introduction to internet marketing. Good luck!